The Water Security and Climate Change conference (WSCC), as an initiative of the “Higher Education Excellence in Development Cooperation – exceed”, is annually organized since 2016 under the aegis of the Centers for Natural Resources and Development (CNRD) and the Sustainable Water Management in Developing Countries (SWINDON) network. Because of the uncertainty from the COVID-19 situation, the next conference will be conducted in a virtual format and convened by the Vietnam Academy for Water Resources in Hanoi from 1st to 4th of March, 2021. Participation is free of charge.
The WSCC 2021 will focus on
(1) the sustainable management of water and the mitigation of climate change ;
(2) the Paris Agreement and to combat climate change and adapt to its effects;
(3) strategies for Disaster Risk Reduction in terms of water as outlined in the Sendai Framework;
(4) the development, function and sustainable design of cities in terms of water as indicated in the New Urban Agenda; and
(5) the water-related benefits of ecosystems and biodiversity addressed in the Convention on Biological Diversity.
Registration and further information at: https://watersecurity.info/