On 26th October, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) issues Circular 12/2021/TT-BNNPTNT on collecting and treating agricultural residues for other purposes. Agricultural residues for other purposes are husbandry and crop residues used as materials and/or energy for other (processing) activities. This Circular will be enforced on 1st January 2022.
(1) Treatment measures of husbandry solid residues
– At household level: composting, biogas technology, effective microorganisms, biological padding, or other measures to utilize for plants
– At farm level: treated residues can be used for plants or food for aquaculture if the treated residues meet technical requirements
– Transport of residues must obey environmental legislation
(2) Treatment measures of husbandry wastewater include
– At household level: biogas technology, effective microorganisms, biological pond, or other measures to use for plant
– At farm level: can be used for plants or other purposes within farm’s area
– Avoiding stinking smell and leakage of leachate to the surrounding
(3) Promoting the application of effective microorganisms, advanced technologies and techniques into the treatment of husbandry residues
Treatment measures for crop residues follow the guidance in Circular 19/2019/TT-BNNPTNT
Source & further information: “Thông tư 12/2021/TT-BNNTPTNT hướng dẫn việc thu gom, xử lý chất thải chăn nuôi, phụ phẩm nông nghiệp tái sử dụng cho mục đích khác” at https://thuvienphapluat.vn , accessed on 3 November 2021.